This MSc programme is open to top–level students with a University Bachelor degree (requiring a minimum of 3 years study) in Agricultural sciences, Biology, Bioscience engineering, Environmental sciences, biochemistry and biotechnology, veterinary science, biomedical sciences and applied biological sciences.The Educational Committee can withhold admission from a candidate in case the scores of the bachelor diploma are too low to start the master programme even when the candidate presents one of the above mentioned diploma's.
Please note that no official admission letter can be issued without the following:
1) Copies of your diploma and complete academic transcripts certified by the issuing university/notarian and afterwards legalized by the Belgian Embassy in the country where the diploma was issued. It is also possible that the legalization can be done by a recognized authority in your country: please check the website www.diplobel.be --> legalization of documents
2) For diplomas issued in Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana and Nigeria: a copy of your diploma and complete academic transcripts certified by the issuing university and immediately sent by that university in a sealed envelope
These documents should be sent directly to the following address together with an application form to be requested on demand:
Student Administration Office - c/O Inge Huyge
Sint-Pietersnieuwsstraat 33 UFO
The application form can be obtained by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Please note that you first need to apply for academic admission from the master programme. Once you received pre-academic admission the Nematology Educational Committee (through e-mail) , you can apply for official academic admission from firstname.lastname@example.org
The applicant must be proficient in the language of the course, i.e. English. Command of the English language is a very important criterion for admission. With the exception of those who have a diploma (Secondary Education, Academic Bachelor Degree, Master Degree) issued by an institution officially recognized by the Flemish Government, applicants must be able to prove their proficiency in English. There are 5 possibilities to supply this proof:
- Proof that your mother tongue is English.
- TOEFL certificate (the UGent TOEFL code is 2643). For specific details about the minimum total score required:
- a minimum total score of 500 on the paper based test (PBT), or
- a minimum total score of 80 on an internet based test (IBT).
- IELTS with a minimum overall band score of 5.5.
- Proof of at least 1 year of comprehensive English-based instruction at a university or recognized equivalent.
- Proof of a successful “Intermediate Academic English” CEF: B1-level test (CEF = Common European Framework) proven by a language test at the language center of Ghent University (UCT)and provided upon the submission deadline of your application.
- Cambridge-ESOL: first certificate in English (FCE)
- TOEFL/IELTS predictive tests are not acceptable.
- TOEFL/IELTS test validity is max. 2 years and should be send by the testing organisation to the student admnistration office of Ghent University.
- Failing to meet these language criteria results in the inability to register at Ghent University and means you will be sent back home
If you do not manage to get the required TOEFL/IELTS before the deadline of online submission, please do an online English Self test at the Language center of Ghent University (UCT). Choose Candidate students UGent - ICP test.
After the test you will receive your score. Make a print screen of that page, save it as a jpg and attach it to your online application form.
Please note that this test only gives an indication of your English level and does not give you access to enroll for the master programme. One of the above mentioned certificates have to be provided!